The passive building community has established best practices when it comes to the envelope.
Mechanical systems? Not so much. Low-load buildings present special challenges to practitioners and equipment manufacturers.
The Mechanical Summit brought experts together to advance the conversation about solutions.
Each day of the Summit was devoted to a key issue and explored components and practices that can create a solid mechanical systems across different climates.
Registration provides access to recordings of the live discussions and pre-recorded content from each day of the Summit:
On each evening of the summit, presenters summarized their pre-recorded content and then engaged in conversation and Q&A on the topic of the day. Each day’s live panel counts for 2 CEUs.
PHIUS hosted pre-recorded presentations from mechanical experts and manufacturers keyed to each day’s theme:
Monday, 4/19: Design Principles / Best Practices
• Balanced Ventilation Principles for Low Load Homes and Buildings
• Heat Pump Design Principles for Low Load Buildings
• Ventilation Integrated Space Conditioning
• Moving Air Efficiently & Quietly Through Ducts
• Why Your Shower Feels Wimpy: And What You Can Do About It!
• Tales from a PHIUS+ Rater/ Verifier
Tuesday, 4/20: Gap Solutions / Tools
• Heating / Cooling Load Calculation: What we have and what we need
• Controls – Threat or Menace?
• Seven Steps for Effective Project Management
• Measured vs Modeled Performance of a Senior Living Passive Building
Wednesday, 4/21: Products / Systems Designs
• Getting Passive House Mechanicals Right: Lessons learned from a builder/installer
• New PH mechanical systems and approaches for multi-family, Realize pods
• Low carbon HVAC: Centralized vs. Decentralized
• US Market Conundrum
• Dehumidification Basics
• CERV2 Smart Ventilation
• Energy Recovery Ventilation & IAQ: Can we justify more mechanical ventilation? If so, why, how, & what’s next?
Thursday, 4/22: Earth Day: Zero Energy and Carbon / Electrification
• Passive Buildings as Baseline for the New Grid
• Domatic – Intelligent Power
• Mechanical Dissonance in the Chase for Net Zero Energy
• Changing the Electrical Foundation of Buildings
• The Silver Bullet: Achieving deep decarbonization and resilience through V2X technologies
- You can register for all four days at a discount
- Or select individual days/panels
Access Fee (Non-Member):
One Day: $55 (each)
Full Conference Package: $200
Access Fee (PHIUS Alliance Member):
One Day: $44 (each)
Full Conference Package: $176
If your browser indicates an issue with cookies, right click the registration widget to open in a new window.